- This event has passed.
American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) [Virtual] Quality Care Symposium
October 9, 2020
Program at a Glance
- Obtain practical applications that will enhance patient care.
- Learn more about solution-focused strategies, featuring sessions on quality improvement, health services research, and supportive care in oncology.
- Learn from experts about the tough decisions that practitioners face in the clinic and evidence-based methods for tracking quality improvement.
Explore the science on quality of care, health services, supportive care, and more. Virtual presentations cover the following categories:
- Cost, Value, and Policy
- Health Equity and Disparities
- Patient Experience
- Quality, Safety, and Implementation Science
- Technology and Innovation in Quality of Care
Gain a better understanding of the latest advances in quality improvement and start to apply this newfound knowledge in practice.
- Bridging the Distance: Leveraging Telemedicine to Deliver Cancer Care: The use of telemedicine has rapidly expanded. This session will discuss novel telemedicine initiatives, possible barriers, and strategies to maximize use in the clinic.
- Quality Care in the Time of COVID-19: New Innovations and Lessons Learned: COVID-19 has profoundly impacted cancer care delivery, with rapid transition to virtual care and disruptions in patterns of treatment. This session will highlight responses taken by practices, efforts to minimize negative effects on patients and coordination of care, and the potential long-term influences on outcomes, reimbursement, and quality of care.
- Joseph V. Simone Award: The Joseph V. Simone Award and Lecture for Excellence in Quality and Safety in the Care of Patients with Cancer was created to recognize an extraordinary individual who has made multiple, significant, and enduring contributions to the quality and safety of cancer care. In 2020, we will be honoring Dr. Anne Chiang of Yale University School of Medicine.
Delve into the virtual exhibits to learn more about methods and strategies in the expanding field of health services research and oncology outcomes.
This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ and Continuing Nursing Education contact hours. Attendees can earn Maintenance of Certification (MOC) points from the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) and other American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) Member Boards for learning and engagement at the symposium.
“Now more than ever we are seeing rapid changes to the delivery of cancer care. The ASCO Quality Care Symposium—even in its virtual format— is the premier meeting addressing quality, safety, and efficiency of care delivery, focusing on patients, providers, and practices. This exciting meeting brings together administrators, researchers, and clinicians with diverse clinical and academic backgrounds.”
– Dawn Hershman, MD, MS, FASCO, Chair, 2020 ASCO Quality Care Symposium Planning Committee, Columbia University Medical Center
Early Registration Deadline: September 16 at 11:59 PM (ET)