ASCO 2019 Quality Care Symposium
September 6 - September 7
American Society of Clinical Oncology 2019 Quality Care Symposium
May 14, 2019 | 11:59 PM ET
Abstract submission deadline
Late June 2019
Abstract notifications sent to First Authors by email
July 31, 2019 | 12:00 PM ET
Abstract withdrawal deadline (withdrawal requests must be emailed by first authors only)
Abstract titles released online
September 3, 2019 | 5:00 PM ET
Abstracts are released on Meeting Library
Oral Abstract Session Presentation: Selected abstracts will be presented in an Oral Abstract Session or General Session. Oral abstract presentations will be approximately 10 minutes in length. Presenting authors should use slides to accompany their presentation. Those who have disclosed relevant employment relationships with commercial interests as defined by the CMSS will be prohibited from presenting and must select an alternate presenter with no relevant employment relationships. Abstracts selected for oral presentation are also required to present a poster in the corresponding day’s poster sessions.
Rapid Abstract Session Presentation: Selected abstracts will be presented in a Rapid Abstract Session. Rapid Abstract Session presentations will be 5 minutes in length. Presenting authors can use up to 10 PowerPoint slides to accompany their presentation; additional slides are not permitted. Those who have disclosed relevant employment relationships with commercial interests as defined by the CMSS will be prohibited from presenting and must select an alternate presenter with no relevant employment relationships. Abstracts selected for Rapid Abstract session presentation are also required to present a poster in the corresponding day’s poster sessions.
Poster Presentation: Selected abstracts will be presented in poster sessions and are hung all day with two scheduled viewing periods. Depending on the day of the presentation, the viewing periods will either be held during lunch and an evening reception, or over breakfast and lunch. First authors should be available for at least one of the two daily viewing periods to informally answer questions from attendees regarding the information presented.
Summaries of new, ongoing, and updated research related to the quality of cancer care will be acceptable for submission and presentation. Case Reports and abstracts on “trials in progress” or ongoing clinical trials are not suitable for submission to this Symposium.
- Prior Publication: For a study to be eligible for acceptance to the ASCO Quality Care Symposium, the contents and conclusions of the abstract must not be presented at any scientific, medical, or educational meeting of 500 registrants or more or be published in a scientific, medical, or educational publication (in any medium), in whole or in part, before the Symposium. The exception to this is presentation at the 2019 ASCO Annual Meeting (see Policies and Exceptions).
- First Author Disclosure: Author conflict of interest disclosure must be declared at the time of abstract submission. If the first author is employed by a company as defined by the CMSS Code for Interactions with Companies, an alternate presenter who does not have a relevant employment relationship must be named if the abstract is selected for presentation in an oral abstract session.
- Company: Defined in the CMSS Code for Interactions with Companies as “a for-profit entity that develops, produces, markets, or distributes drugs, devices, services or therapies used to diagnose, treat, monitor, manage, and alleviate health conditions. This definition is not intended to include non-profit entities, entities outside of the health care sector, or entities through which physicians provide clinical services directly to patients.”
- First, last, and corresponding authors are required to answer additional questions specific to their abstract for informational purposes only. All submissions are peer-reviewed.
- Submission Fee: A nonrefundable $60 administrative fee, payable at the time of submission, will be charged for all abstract submissions. Payments can be made by credit card only.
- Abstract Change Deadline: Following the abstract submission deadline, first authors may request corrections to rectify errors (e.g. typos, misspellings) within abstract submissions. Requests must be emailed by July 31, 2019 at 12:00 PM EDT. Updates to original data will not be permitted, as changed are permissible only for the correction of errors.
- Abstract Withdrawal Deadline: If a First Author chooses to withdraw his or her abstract for any reason, a request must be emailed by July 31, 2019 at 12:00 PM EDT. Any abstract withdrawal request received after this date will be considered on a case-by-case basis and cannot be assured removal from the Symposium Proceedings.
- Confidentiality Policy: Submitted abstracts are considered both CONFIDENTIAL and EMBARGOED from the time of submission. For a study to be eligible for presentation, information contained in the abstract, as well as additional data and information to be presented about the study, may not be made public before the findings have been presented/published in compliance with the Embargo Policy. The one exception to these policies applies to abstract information that has been previously made public through presentation at another meeting. In these cases, the confidentiality and embargo policies apply only to any updated information.
For more information, visit the website HERE.