- This event has passed.
Society and Behavioral Medicine 42nd Annual Meeting & Scientific Sessions
April 12 - April 16
SBM’s Annual Meeting & Scientific Sessions provides an excellent opportunity for attendees of all experience levels to participate in the highest caliber of professional programming devoted to research and practice in the field of behavioral medicine. Students, researchers, clinicians, and professionals in any career seeking to improve the health and well-being of others can find educational sessions and networking opportunities that fit their needs. The Annual Meeting provides an education-packed scientific program that allows more than 2,100 attendees to:
- Describe the role of behavioral medicine in today’s changing health care environment.
- Identify recent advances in behavioral interventions for health improvement.
- Discuss new and cutting-edge research and clinical data on interactions between health and behavior.
- Examine strategies for the application of evidence-based research in clinical practice and health programs.
- Evaluate new interdisciplinary approaches to education and training in behavioral medicine.
- Exchange scientific ideas on a cross-disciplinary level with colleagues.
Traditionally held in late March or April, the SBM Annual Meeting & Scientific Sessions typically consists of one pre-conference day for courses, followed by three days of scientific programming complete with poster sessions, an exhibit hall, paper presentations, symposia, panel discussions, master lectures, keynote addresses and several smaller midday meetings and breakfast roundtables.